What Should Spurs Be Aiming For This Season?

What Should Spurs Be Aiming For This Season?

THBN
Administrator
1. What should Tottenham be aiming for playing wise this season?

2. What do you consider a good season to be?

3. What would be the minimum requirement?

Re: What Should Spurs Be Aiming For This Season?

tuffty
I would suggest that achieving 'Top Four' at the end of the season would equate to a 'Basic Requirement,' not because it is easy, 6,7,8 into 4 is not easy! But every ladder has to have a bottom step and everything the Spurs management and staff has been working for is climbing the ladder.
A Good season therefore starts from this premise!
Therefore,
Can we work to improve the final position by reducing the number of points lost to teams from the lower reaches of the division. Draws and loses need to be converted by greater consistency to the team shape during the early and late periods of games. Hopefully a 1% improvement in team and individual concentration will help here.
Work on crosses both defensively and in attack are glaring areas of improvement - lets look for 1% there.
So
Better than Fourth and a bit of luck in Semi, Finals = Good Season.
At least I am enjoying the ride provided by all at the club!

Re: What Should Spurs Be Aiming For This Season?

The Almighty Cock
The aim for Spurs should be to entertain and put pressure on opposition by clinical attack rather that waiting for opposition to make mistakes. Although I am a great supporter of Mackay's comment - if you got the ball thay canna attack - too many times last season we played sideways and backwards when a more attacking option was available. This style brought Man C success as they had players who are comfortable on the ball and could spot a decisive pass, and if we generate a more positive  approach results will come and we will be entertained in a manner that all real Spurs supporters demand and not suffer some of the garbage shown last season.
COYS Bob

Re: What Should Spurs Be Aiming For This Season?

greavesand gilzean
Much though I hate this, it's becoming necessary to win something, if only to get past that particular hurdle - and it's a pretty big mental block for spurs at the moment.

Play better football than last term esp moving the ball more vertically (like Skipp tries to do - he's still very raw but is always looking for that sharp pass to the edge of box box). Play like Dortmund  but with better players (I hope). Unfortunately we still have basically no width as our full backs cannot cross the ball or make a telling pass, so teams play narrow... At this point we offer Kane 2-3 decent chances a game mostly from turnovers. gotta be a lot better there. and for fuck's sake find someone who can get a free kick on target: maybe we should try Lloris (forget that, he's not so good with his kicking anyway)

Min = 4th and a minor trophy I think. Satisfactory is sig closing the gap at the top, plus another decent run in the CL (QF/SF)

Re: What Should Spurs Be Aiming For This Season?

Gazzaspurs
Movement off the ball critical.  Far too many times our defenders?midfield have no good options up front, so a slow sideways pass is often the result.  More speed getting up the pitch will open up teams rather than letting them reorganise.

We have better quality in depth, so hopefully Poch will not be restricted in selecting the same players week in week out.  Players will be able to keep fresh, and a few games off the bench to bring some dynasm will help (Eriksen a classic example on Saturday)

Need to work out why Dele keeps getting these ham string issues!!

Have to be looking for second, Pool have a lot of upcoming distractions this season, so will be One Season Wonders :) :) Another excellent CL run will be wonderful for the new Stadium, and winning the FA Cup would be nice.

COYS